Friday, August 30, 2013

Lydia D Brown - Guest Blog


Using Indiegogo.com to fund my Kingdom Kids Series Books

Name: Lynda D. Brown

Author Bio:

I was born and raised in St. Louis MO, where I still reside. I began my journey as an author in 2006, when my first book was published. I learned a lot working with the publishing company, so when I decided to write a Christian Fiction supernatural thriller series, I decided to start my own publishing company so I would have complete control over my work. This decision has worked out great for me.

My books are available in paperback, eBooks, and audio books.  Writing and publishing books bring me great joy and I just recently expanded into writing and publishing children’s books, inspired by the great authors I have interviewed on my Author Chat podcast on blogtalkradio.com

 

Books I have written and published:

Invisible Enemies-Book One of the Invisible Enemies Series

Seed of Satan: Leah’s Story-Book Two of the Invisible Enemies Series

Powerful Prayers to Protect & Bless Your Family

Damien’s New Bike- Book One of the Kingdom Kids Series

 

My latest project is the Kingdom Kids Series. This series was created for pre-school-2nd grade to teach them how to deal with everyday problems and issues using biblical principles. They are very entertaining and not ‘preachy’.  The characters in this series are very diverse; they include Bi-racial, Asians, Latinos, African American and Caucasians, showcasing the wonderful melting pot of this great planet we live on.

Publishing this series requires me to hire an illustrator and I found a wonderful young lady here in the St. Louis area, who shares my vision, so I decided to use crowd-sourcing to help me fund this project.  Another author friend of mine had sent me an email a few weeks ago asking me to donate to his project and I discovered that he was using http://www.indiegogo.com . I checked out the website and decided to use this website to fund my publishing project as well. This is my first time using crowd-sourcing and I’m very excited about it.

I’ve been an avid reader all of my life, books fueled my imagination and while reading, I began writing my own short stories in elementary school. My teachers were always impressed with my essays, and they encouraged me to continue writing. Parents should encourage their children to daydream. This is where the creative process starts.

I’m a huge fan of science fiction, horror and supernatural thrillers, and you can see it in my books. Two authors have truly inspired me, Stephen King and Frank Peretti.  

The feedback that I get from fans of the Invisible Enemies Series truly warms my heart. They have told me that not only are the books entertaining, but more importantly, they assist them in their lives as Christians. The overall message in my book is this: Let go and let God. Put Him first in your life and trust in Him. When Mel Gibson’s the Passion of The Christ came out, I was living a life far from God. I was a Baptist, however, in my teens; I developed a passion for the occult. I loved the power it promised, and since I wasn’t seeing that in the church, I left the church and began reading tarot cards, preparing horoscope charts for friends and family, chanting etc… I was also into drugs and sleeping around. This was my life from age 16 until 2004 when the Passion of the Christ was released, I left the theater in tears, realizing for the first time, what Jesus had went through when he  died on the cross.  I began to read the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and gave my life back to Him. I was led one day in 2006 to Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.” I realized that this scripture was referring to Christians!  Thisknowledge led me to write the Invisible Enemies Series.  When book one came out, several Christians shared with me that they had no idea that something as simple as reading your horoscopeor having your fortune told opens the door to demonic activity in my life!

Links to my sites:

http://www.spokenwordpress.webs.com/

http://authorchat.webs.com/

https://www.facebook.com/invisibleenemiesseries

https://twitter.com/LyndaDBrown

http://www.amazon.com/Lynda-D.-Brown/e/B003X8D4V8/

http://www.youtube.com/user/lybrown45

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/damien-the-bully-the-magic-oil

 

Readers can also email me at:lyndadbrown@spokenwordpress.info

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment