Saturday, February 18, 2012

Technology



Technology, it gives with one hand and takes away with the other.  I get my blog online and work out how to post a comment but then can’t I figure out which setting to put my blog in so that comments are shown and readers don’t have to click on them?  I finally managed to get the Ether Books app, but can’t find the two authors work who come to my writing group?  ARRGH

Anyway, I’m looking forward to my first webinar for the South East Reauthoring event at 6p.m. tomorrow, which is exactly the same time my youngest daughter is due home from her play date.  I’m pretty sure that all I have to do is click on the link and make sure the sound is on.  But of course computers do have their own agenda’s.  Of course it would be easier without the back drop of general family life, dog barking, meeting and greeting another mother and the polite small talk involved in passing small children back and forth.  It is surprising how guilty I feel about even the thought of suggesting to another parent if it would be okay to drop her off 30 minutes earlier or later. 

I’ve also sent a link to members of The Writers @ Lovedean to see if they would be interested in The Pint Pot of Fire, an annual story telling competition that brings writers' groups, including classes and workshops, together with speaking clubs and oral tradition story tellers. Each group puts forward one or two champions to represent them with a ten minute story.  Sounds fun.

I got a very exciting about a lead another lady from the writing group found, http://my.telegraph.co.uk/theshortstoryclub/ it’s definitely worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment