Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Overpayment


I spent a lovely morning in Waterlooville library doing research and writing. I sometimes get so much more work done when I'm out of the house and away from feeling guilty about washing, ironing, mowing the grass. I still can't get my head around the new library system of just putting a pile of books on a square and the numbers appearing electronically on screen. Every time I go to the library I'm greeted with a 15p fine notice. I have been posting money in a slot, and getting rather annoyed when the next time I use the machine I magically owe another 15p. Today I managed to speak to a real live librarian, admittedly quite depressed about the news that she will have to wait until she is 68 before she can to retire. Who kindly pointed out that unless a little piece of paper prints out, the money I have been depositing has just been sliding into the ether. I hope they make the most of my 45p overpayment.

No comments:

Post a Comment