Monday, December 2, 2013

Obligations

Woke up feeling tired, lethargic and depressed. 

I think it could it be connected to the fact that I did not do what I wanted to do at the weekend, which was exercise, write, spend fun time with my kids, and go to Church.

Instead I spent time doing things I felt guilty about and obliged to do. I think this is a common phenomenal to a lot of women over the Christmas period.  And I'm not talking about the little jobs you don't enjoy, but need to do, cleaning the floor and feeding the kids. I am talking about the things that would be a lot better for your mental health if you could just say 'no thanks.'

Let's face it, people say 'no thank you' to me without any further explanation, and I don't expect it.

I wasted valuable gifts of my time, my energy and peace of mind. I thought I was doing the right thing in the short term, but in the end I wasn't. 

I can't help wonder why I spend so much time doing things that make me feel bad, and not doing things that make me feel good afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment