Monday, August 26, 2013

Victorious Festival 2013 - a picture blog

I've been going over some of the photographs I took over the weekend. I thought it may be nice to have a photo blog post of the Victorious Festival.


A working microphone, since they are going extinct I thought I better take a photo.


The lovely Zella Compton sharing a fairy tale with a twist! You can
read her work in The Ten Rules of Skimming.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Rules-Skimming-Zella-Compton/dp/1906132267

 The family having a bit of fun.




Trying to get a few arty shots.







Getting a breath of air before the performance.


The talented James Schillemore who organised the Spoken Word Event!
Off the Post a great book for children.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=James%20Schillemore




Joe McQuilken is a great poet with so much energy - I love his work,
once seen never forgotten.


I always enjoy hearing Diana Bretherick read, she knows so much about her subject
matter. I was a little freaked out when she read the chapter of her novel. It was the
same chapter that  I had read the night before the event.
 I'm really enjoying the novel
 (but seriously - what are the odds?)
City of Devils by Diana Bretherick
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_10?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=city+of+devils+diana+bretherick&sprefix=city+of+de%2Cstripbooks%2C309&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Acity+of+devils+diana+bretherick




Will Sutton was revealing some toe tapping talents. He's a
great sport, he even made time to listen to some of my daughters poetry.
I hope you buy his book
Lawless and the Devil of Euston Square
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_14?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=lawless+and+the+devil+of+euston+square&sprefix=Lawless+and+th%2Cstripbooks%2C309&rh=n%3A266239%2Ck%3Alawless+and+the+devil+of+euston+square


The lovely Annie Kirby treated the audience to a couple of chapters from the
novel she's working on. I hope it gets picked up by an agent or publisher, it's so
well written. If you have a story about Portsmouth you should get in touch. Annie is part of
the You, Me and Everyone Project.


It's the first time I've heard this kid read - but watch this space, the girl got talent.
I wish I was writing like her at her age. The name is Katie Gill. I'm
hoping she will be a guest on my blog before she gets famous.



Me having a great old time.



No comments:

Post a Comment