There’s no better way to improve your work than by adopting good writing habits.
1. Read (and for some guys in my writing group,) if you won't read at least listen to an audio book. But if you can Read!
2. Write every day. Even if you can only dedicate a few minutes to writing.
3. Check your grammar, I'm need to this.
4. Have fun with your writing.
5. Research if you have to.
6. Find a writing process that works for you. What steps do you need to complete to tackle a writing project? Maybe you need to start with a plan, or perhaps you do better when you just write. Find out what works for you!
7. Proofread, edit, and revise. It’s obvious when a piece of writing has not been properly proofread.
8. Share your work and invite feedback. One of the quickest ways to improve your writing is through feedback. Embrace the feedback, even if it hurts, and then put it to work for you by ironing out all the wrinkles that your friendly reader found. And then return the favour.
9. Make writing a priority.
10. Experiment with different forms.