Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Families, Ghosts and New Projects

I've had a very emotionally charged weekend. It was my little sisters wedding, she looked beautiful but even though its twelve years since my parents died I really felt their absence this weekend. I know my father would have been so proud to walk her down the aisle and my mother would have been in her element. We spent the rest of our time in the North visiting relatives. But I couldn't help grieving over the fact that my own children never met their grandparents on my side.

Before the trip home I visited Bolton Town Centre a favourite shopping haunt of me and my Mum. The first time I went to Bolton on my own I took my little sister to buy her a birthday present - a game she desperately wanted called 'Pig Pong'. It was something my parents thought was silly and a waste of money. However, my little sister had seen it on television and wanted it with a passion. I was fourteen and had my first job and I was so proud that I could buy it for her. It was strange walking around a town centre that seemed to have changed so little lost in thoughts of my past.

I wasn't able to write a word while I was away. I couldn't even focus on the rewrite of my non fiction book. This is very worrying as I'm going to have to write a lot of words tomorrow because the 1st of November and the start of NaNoWriMo - AKA write a novel in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment